Sunday, August 1, 2010

Headliner, check. Glass next!

OK, the headliner was delivered a few weeks ago and this weekend was the first time that I had some real time to work on it.

My daugter Rachael helped me put the new pad interior padding in the car on Saturday. It was like a puzzle and kinda had to figure out where everything went. I found an image on the web where I ordered it but not quite everything lined up just right. No biggie, just trimmed the extra stuff.

Sunday I was just going to use whatever I could and see how far I got. I watched my interior restoration video again and headed out to the garage. I had to stop back in a couple times along the way to see again how they did a couple of things ... but now it's finished. Took a good 8 hours to get it done with just one person.

Now this was the first headliner I've ever done, and while it's not perfect, it's not too bad either. I'm happy with it. I think that it could have been a little tighter in a couple of places, but it will do the job.

This was going to be the biggest hurtle to getting back on the road ... I dreaded it ever since I got the car, and even more over the last few weeks. So happy to be done and moving onto the next step.

Next steps ... putting in the glass. The front and read windows are ready to go but I still need to tint the 2 side rear windows. Then dash can go back in ... and the door windows ... and seats ... and a little more trim ... then its drivable! Which I'll probably drive right to Main Street Auto and have Tony fix the timing and carb. Then more driving.

The next few weekends are going to be busy so finding any block of real time is going to be hard. I'm going to just have to see how far I get by doing 1 thing an evening... Man I want to drive it!

No comments:

Post a Comment