Monday, August 2, 2010

Rear window.

Well it's never as easy as it looks on TV. I got the rear window in tonight. What a pain that was! After my 6th or 7th attempt doing it by myself (like the guy on the restoration video so easily does) I had to enlist Tyler's help. He held the top part of the window in place while I seated the molding. With a little banging and some sweat, we got the window in ... first try. Tyler was a big help.

After the window was in, we had to go around the exterior edge and make sure there wasn't any part of the molding edge rolled under. Looks nice. I want to let it sit out in the hot sun sometime soon to really let the rubber molding relax and settle in.

I also put the molding around the front windshield and set it in place. If I have time tomorrow I'll get that (with Tyler's help) window in too. And need to finish the tinting of the rear quarter windows soon so I can get those installed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment