Thursday, March 25, 2010

Paint and a carb rebuild ...

I picked up my paint last night on my way home from work. Cost for the paint and materials ... $281.66. I went with the with the Omni line of paint from PPG.

The order process was made smooth by the great help from Dave at the local CarQuest. When I placed the order I had John (the painter) on speaker phone, and he and Dave could make sure that I picked up everything needed. John was also able to select the products that he's had experiance with.

I've made arrangements to take the car over to the painter this coming Sunday afternoon. Eric will be helping me by taking it over with his trailer. Thanks Eric!

Lastly, I rebuilt my carb last night. This is the first time that I've re-built a 34 PICT 3 carb, but it was rather straight forward. It took me about 3 hours total. I took it apart, clean everything with cleaner and an air compressor. Put everything back together, and mounted it back on the car. I will still have to make a couple of carb adjustments, but that will have to wait until I have the ignition put back together and timed (statically).

Thats all for one night...

Update. I have the ignition put back together and statically timed for 5 deg before TDC. Put the battery in the car to test everything out ... nothing. Switched batteries and the lights come on and the fan blows, but the starter isn't spinning. I've got it hooked up to a charger for the night, we'll see what happens tomorrow after work.

Update. Ended up replacing the ground battery cable, fired right up ... after a few cranks. The original one was just too worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment