Monday, March 22, 2010

Todays progress

Stopped by Car Quest (Lakeville) today and ordered my paint and supplies. They will have it mixed up and reay for pickup on Tuesday afternoon. Dave at Car Quest has been a huge help in getting all of the needed items together for me.

When I got home today, there was a package from jBugs for me ... my carb rebuild kit. I spent a few minutes this evening and pulled the 34 PICT 3 carb off the car. I'm hoping to start the rebuild Tuesday evening. I need to get it re-built and back into the car by the end of the week so that I can drive it on the trailer this weekend. I'll also need to look at the timing again, I think that I've got it messed up good! I'm a little worried about the carb because there are a few things rusted on carb and I don't think that is a good thing. I hope that I can get through this season with this carb and maybe look at something better next year.

A couple of days ago I started pulling the dash out, and tonight I finished it. I'm really glad that I took it out. Not only will it make it easier to paint, but it had all kinds of crap behind it. Stuff like little peices of glass and pine needles and deteriorated gaskets and hoses. The glass makes me think that at some point the windshield has been broken.

I also took out the winshield wiper assembly. Originally I took it our to make it easier to prep and paint, but now I'm glad that I took it out. Inside the wiper housing, there was dirt, leaves, pine needles, small twigs ... It was a mess and the drain pipe was almost clogged. The blower fan was also only hanging on with one rubber mount and the hose from the fan to the vents was falling apart. Looks like I have a few more things that are going to need fixing ... later.

Right now I'm just looking to getting the car painted, fenders, doors and hoods on. That will be huge progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment