Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Paint color ...

OK. I've got it down to 3 different paint options. I decided that I wanted to go with a color that was available from VW from that time period. I looked up the paint codes from PPG's website that where available in 1973 from VW and I found a sample page that had the colors. The original color of the car is L-54D Marina Blue. The current shade of blue is just a little too ... light and powdery for my liking. Anyway, using GIMP I used the color picker tool, selected the colors from the sample page, used the RGB values to customize the color on Bug Selecta, exported the image into GIMP and tinted the windows to 40%. Here is what I came up with ...

This is the color that I'm going to go with. L-52B Biscay Blue 2580. It should complement the existing blue interior nicely.



No tint, with tint, painted bumpers and no bumpers


L-61B Sumatra Green, 2480


L-64K Zambezi Green, 2582

No comments:

Post a Comment